It's simple. We're fighting breast cancer in the 14 counties of the Upper Cumberland area. How?
- Funding programs that support those in the fight to save lives
- Educating the Upper Cumberland about breast cancer risk factors, the importance of early detection and the resources that are available to them
The Komen Upper Cumberland Affiliate serves thousands of women (and men) in 14 counties as the primary and local funding source for programs that:
- provide low-cost or free screening mammograms, diagnostic testing and breast cancer treatment to medically under-served Upper Cumberland residents
- provide support services before, during and after breast cancer treatment
We empower Upper Cumberland residents with information about the importance of early detection and breast health.
We donate 75 percent of net funds raised to vital local breast health services, and dedicate the remaining 25 percent to
national research to find the cures.
Since 2006, Komen Upper Cumberland has invested over $530,000 into its annual community grants program to fund breast health programs and services for medically under-served Upper Cumberland residents.
Komen Upper Cumberland is part of the big picture to eradicate breast cancer. But we're also focused on the local needs of our community. We are dedicated to educating our community about breast cancer and the resources available along with funding life-saving screening and treatment programs for our neighbors currently battling this disease. Komen Upper Cumberland funding provided the following from 2006 to 2012:
- 2532 mammograms
- 3603 exams
- 1989 diagnostic services
- 63 detections
Join your Komen Upper Cumberland Affiliate in the fight to beat breast cancer. You can donate your time or resources, host a fundraiser or speak about this disease across the entire Upper Cumberland area. You can 'know your normal' and encourage those around you to know theirs. You can be a listening ear and strong shoulder to family and friends who are in the battle. And you can be an inspiration and tell your story as a survivor. There is a place for you in this fight. Your dollar might be the one that ultimately finds one of the cures. Your presentation might encourage a listener to get a mammogram and find her cancer at an earlier stage. Contact us today. We're here to partner with you.
We're always only a click or a call away. However you reach us, we are always happy to help you.